I think this unexpected little nomination from Alison and Kenny of A+K Wanderlusts came just at the right time. I’ve been sentenced to bed rest from an excruciating back injury and between heavy doses of Girls and Vice reruns I haven’t been up for heavy blogging. And, since I keep my nook of the web very photography heavy and documentary oriented, I don’t often dish on the girl behind these pages. So, in this get-to-know-me-and-meet-new-followers questionnaire, I answer A+K Wanderlusts inquiries and spill the 411 on yours truly. Enjoy.
1. If you could travel back in time to one particular moment, what would it be? To a motorcycle ride wedged between a Cambodian and Bolivian weaving through the streets of Siam Reap. The moment I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life traveling and seeking adventure where I least expect it.
2. If you had to fast forward to a point in your future for 10 minutes, what would it be? To the moment I am reading my first photo essay in National Geographic while traveling to my next feature assignment!
3. You find $1,000 lying on the street. What’s the first thing you would do? Buy a plane ticket home to meet my new little nephew.
4. Beach or mountains? (And you can’t say a mountain overlooking a beach, which is my go-to answer for this one). Aghh! If I absolutely can’t go with the default answer of both simultaneously I’ll have to say the beach! I’m a sun baby.
5. What is one trait that you are constantly improving upon? Patience and procrastination. It’s quite the battle between them both.
6. What food could you simply not live without? Indian curry.
7. What is your most embarrassing moment? (Well, the most embarrassing moment you’re willing to share). Hmmm. I don’t remember too many times where I’ve been extremely embarrassed but there is one instance where I wished I could have just disappeared from a situation all together. One January morning in Minnesota after a heavy snowstorm I woke up late to a meeting and rushed out the door without brushing my car off which was buried under a foot of snow. It will blow off as I drive, right? Wrong. The snow was so heavy that it remained blanketed on my windows preventing me from driving. I pulled into a church parking lot, the first place I saw off the road, and got out to scrape the snow. Only, instead of scraping I swiped and hit at the snow in frustration for being late, slipping a few choice words out loud, only to find a congregation of people staring at my antics from inside. Ayyyy.
8. How would your best friend describe you in one sentence? As the carefree girl who can’t sit still nor stay in one place for too long.
9. What destination is on the top of your travel list? Greece.
10. When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried? With my sister the last time I was home. Take me back!
11. Describe your perfect day. Photo in the morning, lunch with friends, an afternoon hike and dinner with family.
11 Things About Me
- If you’re looking for me, you can find me in the gym. I am a certified Zumba instructor and can’t get enough hip shakin’ and booty squats.
- One of my goals for 2014 is to climb a mountain. Like a big one. I’m thinking Huyana Potosí. Wish me luck?
- I like it hot. My food that is! The spicier the better.
- I didn’t realize it until afterwards but the happiest I have been was when I lived in Hawaii.
- I can hike, and hike, and hike…forever. I just love walking through the wilderness.
- The Alchemist is my Bible.
- As challenging as it can be sometimes, I like living outside of my comfort zone. It’s good to be removed from your element as a way to learn more about yourself that you wouldn’t otherwise.
- In the last year I have lost all self-control when it comes to sweets.
- Cambodia is my favorite country I’ve traveled to so far.
- It’s a bad habit but I almost always choose carbs over fruits and vegetables. Mashed potatoes are my weakness.
- I walk anxiously through airport security as if they’ll discover a mango tree or gang of narcotic abusers stuffed in my backpack.
And now I nominate the following…
- Pauline of The Voyageur
- Planet Lew
- Madeline of Head High Heart Strong
- Elicia of Life’s a Journee
- Alexa of Travel Mi Amor
- Charolette of Travelling Flavours
- Tina of Girl Meets Globe
- Ariane of Read Travel Smile
- Lily from Away with Lily
- Jenna from The Road I Wander
- Megan of meganotravels
…to answer these questions. Have fun!
- Where do you find inspiration?
- What is the biggest challenge you face daily?
- What was the last book you read? What do you recommend reading?
- Sand or snow?
- What is the most “extreme” thing you’ve done while traveling?
- If you could eat any regional dish in the country of its origin tonight, where would you go and what would you eat?
- If you could go back and relive one day over, which would it be?
- What are your top three favorite travel destinations?
- Most difficult moment from the last month?
- What’s one of your travel must-haves? Something you always pack and bring along with you…
- What’s the goal for your blog in the next year.
Some quick rules for you nominated bloggers…
1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you.
3. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Pick 11 nominees with under 200 Bloglovin followers to answer your 11 questions.
5. Can’t nominate the person who nominated you!
6. Tell your 11 nominees you have nominated them.
Looking forward to getting to know you my fellow traveling blog friends!