Oh how the weekends come and go faster than all of Facebook’s viral video fads. It was a fun one, to say the least, but way to quick! Between Zumba marathon classes and family get-together after family get-together, there wasn’t much time to get to my never-ending to-do list. Oh well, a late night dancing with giant Toy Story mascots (true story) and instructing Zumba to more than 200 people was worth it! I’m hoping to get out of town next weekend and go on a few hikes through the Cordillera Oriental (a mountain range parallel to the Bolivian Andes) so it’s seriously time to buckle down.
Last week’s wishes
1. Put together a resources page. It’s together! And I also started on a few other blogging resources that I hope to wrap up this week and post together. When it comes to blogging, what are your go-to resources and tools of the trade?
2. Restore my photography website. This is a looong work in progress. I made the switch to and can’t say enough about their customer service and support, a far cry from the previous hosting provider that lost my website. If you’re upgrading your domain from a blogspot.com or wordpress.com, this is the hosting company to go through. I’d love to have my site fully restored in the next few days, fingers crossed.
3. Publish three posts. Well, no recipes made it on the blog this week but I managed a few other posts 😉
This week’s wishes/goals
1. Brainstorm e-book ideas. I’m doing it. I’m jumping on the bandwagon and thinking about publishing an e-book full of travel tips and photo pointers. I need a little project that I can start small and watch it grow, any advice? I really have no idea where to start…
2. Print and hang travel photos. We’ve been meaning to start a gallery wall since we moved into our apartment in Bolivia a YEAR AND A HALF AGO. I’d say it’s about to time to get at least one photo on the wall, you think? I’ll start with my collection of photos from Hawaii, can’t go wrong with an ocean print. I’m also going to throw installing a shelf in here because I’ve waited long enough to tackle this as well.
3. Find food photo props. You know, wood slabs and ceramic tiles to photograph pretty meals and give them either the rustic or elegant feel. Aside from models and fashion photography, food is one of the biggest photo markets for commercial work here in Santa Cruz and I’d like to build a better food portfolio. I absolutely love looking at food photos so who knows, maybe I’ll love shooting them as well.
4. Schedule this week’s posts, and the following. Using CoSchedule has been great, it’s just time to take it to the next level with my editorial calendar and get ahead of the week. Say for instance, have this post finished by Sunday so I’m not planning my weekly goals all day Monday. And as always, aim to post three and diversify my content. Let’s get to it!
A linkup with
There you have it! What are you hoping to accomplish this week?