Is it Monday already?! Last Thursday JC and I skipped town for a long weekend of exploring and traveling throughout Bolivia’s eastern lowlands and it turned out to be a spectacular little trip! We spent full days hiking up the Tucavaca Valley to breathtaking lookouts and waterfalls and enjoyed afternoons soaking in natural hot springs under the cool rain. It was such a refreshing getaway and we both can’t wait to get back to the area for some more exploring. Photos to come soon! With a great weekend behind us, here’s to a productive week ahead!
Last week’s wishes
1. Brainstorm e-book ideas. Check! I’ve brainstormed and narrowed down my ideas, now to the outline! While I’m excited about this, I’m putting it on the back burner this week so I can tie up some other loose ends before this project gets bigger and bigger as I go.
2. Print and hang travel photos. Fail. Again. Just as JC and I were about to pick up some shelves (part two of this item), we decided custom pieces is the way we want to go and walked out of the store empty handed. As for the photos, who knows. To be continued…
3. Find food photo props. Check! I’ve got a cast iron skillet, pretty towels and decorative bowls. I’m still on the hunt for scrap pieces of wood but I have plenty to work with. Oh! I’m completely obsessed with bar carts lately. We need one. You probably need one, too. My efforts have now completely shifted and the quest for a cart is on. 😉
4. Schedule this week’s posts, and the following. I came up short during my three-day week. Here’s to a new start? Have you read my latest ?
This week’s wishes/goals
1. Grow my social media outlets. Specifically, Bloglovin’ and Pinterest . Follow me, pretty please?! I’m not a big user of Bloglovin’, yet, but it’s a great platform to gain long-term readers in your niche. I also recently started a Pinterest group board for travel bloggers to pin their latest posts. Check it out and join us! Do you have any suggestions/tips for social media marketing through these outlets?
2. Produce 20 ‘I Am Bolivia’ posts. I started the project a while back in aim to build my interviewing skills in another language and to keep up with my journo skills in general. The series is a photographic census of Bolivia in which I pair each portrait with a short bio, capturing the essence and diversity of the country’s population through a collection of stories. This week I’m headed to Bolivia’s largest fair, the perfect opportunity for some intense interviewing. From entrepreneurs to beauty queens to farmers, there are some major photo ops and my goal is 20 publishable stories. It’s a huge undertaking but I got this!
3. Choreograph a new Zumba routine. Have I mentioned I’m an instructor at least once or twice on zee blog? No? Strange considering it’s all I talk about in our household! I’m looking to offer classes aside from the studio I currently teach at and need some new material! Although, one never needs an excuse to dance around the apartment 🙂
4. PRINT. PHOTOS. Just do it already, Jessica. And then hang them.
A linkup with
There you have it! What are you hoping to accomplish this week?